1. Help with digestion – Soaking almonds helps in releasing enzymes which in turn help with digestion. Soaking almonds releases enzyme lipase which is beneficial for digestion of fats.
2. Help with weight-loss – The monounsaturated fats in almonds curb your appetite and keep you full. So feel free to snack on them because they’ll help you avoid binge-eating and trigger weight-loss.
3. Almonds keep your heart healthy, reduce bad cholesterol (low density lipoprotein) and increase good cholesterol (high density lipoprotein).
4. They are a good source of antioxidants: Vitamin E present in soaked almonds works as an antioxidant which inhibits free radical damage that prevents ageing and inflammation.
5. Fight Cancer: Soaked almonds contain Vitamin B17 which is vital for fighting cancer.
6. Flavonoid present in almonds suppresses tumor growth.
7. Help in lowering and maintaining glucose levels and regulating high blood pressure.
8. Soaked almonds contain folic acid which reduces birth defects.