Healing properties of lemons have been known for centuries. It provides our bodies with plenty of vital substances like Citric Acid, Calcium, Magnesium, vitamin C, Bioflavonoid, Pectin, and Limonene. Drinking a glass of water mixed with freshly squeezed lemon freshen the body, promote immunity and fight infection. Have this drink with purified lukewarm water and try to add freshly grated ginger or a little cayenne for a boost.
1. Electrolyte Up – Lemon water provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. Lemons has potassium, calcium, and magnesium which are responsible for stimulating muscles and nerves.
2. Helps Digestion – It aids the digestive system by eliminating the toxins from the digestive tract faster. It ensures smooth bowel functions, prevents the problem of indigestion, constipation and diarrhea.
3. Balances PH Levels – Lemons are an incredibly alkaline food, it balances to maintain the pH levels in the body. Drinking a glass of lemon water daily can help to eliminate overall acidity in the body.
4. Helps With Weight Loss – Drinking lemon water also helps to speed up weight loss. Lemon water contains pectin fiber, which is effective in reducing appetite and gives you a feeling of fullness once ingested. Lemon water also has the lowest count of calories compared to other drinks.
5. Heart Health – Drinking lemon juice in morning is also beneficial for healthy heart. Potassium present in it controls high blood pressure while vitamin C lowers cholesterol level and prevents blood clotting within vessels.
6. Oral Health – A cup of lemon water in the morning is good for oral health. It not only aid in fresher breath but also help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. It also helps in teeth whitening as lemon is a natural bleaching agent.
7. Dissolves Kidney Stones – Lemon juice increases the amount of citrate in the urine to levels known to inhibit kidney stones. Drinking 1 glass of lemon water can help dissolve gallstones, pancreatic stones and calcium deposits.
8. Detoxifies The Liver – Lemon water acts as a liver cleanser by assisting in detoxification. The acidic properties of lemon stimulate the production of essential digestive juices such as bile. Drinking lemon water can assist with proper bile flow, which helps eliminate toxins from the liver.
9. Revitalize Skin – Lemons are rich in vitamin C and which is needed for collagen production for smooth, healthy skin. Lower collagen levels leads to wrinkles and sagging skin.
10. Prevent Cancer – Lemons are considered the most alkalizing food. Multiple studies have found that cancer cells cannot thrive in an alkaline environment.