Brain, the most important part of our body is also affected by foods that we eat. Some foods make our brain sharp and some other make it opposite. The common myth is energy drinks make our brain sharper but energy drinks are often loaded with sugar and way more caffeine than coffee, which can cause jitters and heart racing. Even it says sugar-free but it is loaded with chemicals and no way beneficial to your health. I would advise staying away from them as much as possible. Here you can find the best foods for your brain.
Best Foods For The Brain
- Avocados – This fruit is one of the healthiest ones keeping blood sugar levels steady and your skin glowing. Containing both vitamin K and folate, avocados help prevent blood clots in the brain (protecting against stroke) as well as help improve cognitive function, especially both memory and concentration.
- Beets – They reduce inflammation, are high in cancer-protecting antioxidants and help rid your blood of toxins. The natural nitrates in beets actually boost blood flow to the brain, helping with mental performance.
- Blueberries – It’s one of the highest antioxidant-rich foods known to man, including vitamin C and vitamin K and fiber. Because of their high levels of gallic acid, blueberries are especially good at protecting our brains from degeneration and stress.
- Bone Broth – Its high levels of collagen help reduce intestinal inflammation, and healing amino acids like proline and glycine keep your immune system functioning properly and help improve memory.
- Broccoli – It will help keep your memory sharp. High levels of vitamin K and choline.
- Celery – Its high levels of antioxidants and polysaccharides act as natural anti-inflammatories and can help alleviate symptoms related to inflammation, like joint pain and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil works as a natural anti-inflammatory, suppressing cells responsible for inflammation. It can help with memory loss as you age and destroy bad bacteria that hangs out in your gut.
- Dark Chocolate – Chocolate is chockfull of flavonols, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They can also help lower blood pressure and improve blood flow to both the brain and heart.
- Egg Yolks – Yolks contain large amounts of choline, which helps in fetal brain development for pregnant women. It also breaks down bethane, a chemical that produces hormones related to happiness.
- Green, Leafy Vegetables – Green, leafy vegetables are also loaded with vitamins A and K which help fight inflammation and keep bones strong.
- Walnuts- Their high levels of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals also improve mental alertness. The vitamin E in the nuts can also help ward off Alzheimer’s.
- Salmon – It’s packed with omega-3 fatty acids to help keep your brain running smoothly and improve memory. And these same fatty acids can also help prevent cancer and kill tumors.