Dry hair can be treated with some simple lifestyle changes and these simple, inexpensive home remedies for damaged hair will nourish your brittle, dry locks, leaving you with gorgeous, healthy hair.
There is no doubt whatsoever that dry hair is genetic, but it could also be the result of unhealthy lifestyle habits, which include food and drinks, sleeping hours, stress levels and exercise routine, and above all, your hair care regime.
Hair care means taking care of your hair right from shampooing and conditioning to oiling it regularly, using the right oil, natural hair masks, hair nourishes, tonics and also following a healthy diet. The hair care regime has to be a part of your weekly, if not bi weekly, routine.
1. Regular Oiling : Oil your hair at least twice a week and leave it on for at least two hours. Not only does it help condition the hair but provides nourishment as well, making it soft and promoting hair growth.
2. Avocado Hair Mask : You can use the following natural hair mask after oiling your hair, which will nourish it – 1 mashed avocado, 2 tsp honey, 2 tsp triphala powder, 2 eggs, beaten
Method: Mix all the ingredients well and apply all over your hair. Cover with a shower cap for at least 45 minutes. Wash with a mild herbal shampoo.
3. Rose Hair Mask: Rose petals are known for their incredible properties for both skin and hair. Combine them with two other power ingredients – almond oil and eggs, and they can work wonders. Use -2 eggs, beaten, 1/2 cup fresh rose petal paste, 4 tsp almond oil
Method: Mix all the ingredients together and apply all over the hair and scalp and leave in for about 45 minutes. Wash with a mild shampoo.
4. Massage in Butter : Brittle hair with a small amount of butter for a glossy shine. Massage it into your dry hair, then cover your hair with a shower cap for about a half hour.
5. Unboiled Milk : To heal dry hair, pour some unboiled milk in a bowl. Soak a cotton ball in the milk and apply it directly on hair and scalp. After one hour, wash your hair thoroughly.
6. Bananas : Banana is a natural remedy for the treatment of dry hair. You need to prepare a banana paste. Just blend two over ripe bananas and add one tablespoon each of coconut oil, honey, and olive oil. Apply this paste on hair for 15 minutes. Wash off your hair with warm water.